Using the Sierra Nevada ski lifts, we will depart from Posiciones del Veleta, named after an old military settlement, from here we will contemplate the views of the Corral del Veleta, we will continue towards the Collado de la Carihuela and from there we will go to the Elorrieta Refuge by the rope of the Tajos de la Virgen where we will change the slope dodging stony and gravel. After Elorrieta we will head towards the Tozal del Cartujo contemplating the Lanjarón valley, the Dúrcal river ravine and Los Alayos until we reach the peak of Tajos Altos and from there to Laguna Cuadrada. The return will be made to the Laguna de Lanjarón, Elorrieta, Laguna de las Yeguas, Collado de la Laguna and Borreguiles to take the ski lift back to Pradollano.
- Distance: 18 km.
- Slope: 800 m.
- Start time: 9:30 a.m.
- Starting point: Cetursa wooden hut (Plaza de Andalucía).
- Duration: 5 hours.
- Price: € 25 / pers + lift ticket.
- Limited places: from 6 to 10 people.
- Includes: mountain guide, civil liability and accident insurance. Interest: acquiring new skills in moving through high mountain terrain, recognizing the safety measures that need to be adopted to develop this type of route, practicing orientation and recognition of trails and their variants as well as the main peaks and valleys , differentiate some species of flora and fauna as well as lagoons and streams and other high mountain ecosystems.
- To take into account: mountain clothing, raincoat, warm clothing, hiking boots, backpack with water and some food, sunscreen and lip balm, sun hat.